The mission of the NAD Health Ministries department is to share hope and wholeness through the healing power of Christ.
By promoting whole-person health principles we demonstrate the love of God, Who’s desire is “that all is well with you and that you enjoy good health in the same way that you prosper spiritually” (3 John 2, CEB). By linking biblical spirituality with practical health principles, we help each other find healing for our afflictions and hope for our future.
Health Ministry is the gospel of Christ illustrated, the message of God practiced. Without it, the gospel witness is muted; it is merely a theory, an idea.
By connecting together, we can be more effective in promoting the health, healing, and wholeness of the community. We can bring healing to individuals in our own churches, our schools, and our homes. Together, we can fulfill God’s plan to restore hope in Christ to a world that is hurting in body, mind, and soul.
How we serve
- Serves as a resource for information and counsel on health and temperance affairs, and advises the church and its departments and agencies, in the development and administration of health and/or temperance policies and programs
- Promotes a healthful lifestyle among church members through literature, programs, and Sabbath services
- Provides, through publications, services, and programs, an ongoing witness to the world concerning the physical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Sponsors and/or organizes societies to effectively involve church and non-church organizations in united endeavors to promote the non-use of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Encourages involvement in the evangelistic thrust of the church by developing resources that support renewal of mission
- Provides support of Seventh-day Adventist® healthcare institutions, clinics, and health/temperance programs
- Maintains liaison with Seventh-day Adventist® health professional organizations such as dentists, dietitians, nurses, optometrists, and physicians
- Promotes and/or sponsors health seminars and workshops aimed at equipping health ministry leaders for service
- Plans and host the NAD Health Summit for training and networking of health professionals, health ministry leaders, church administrators, pastors, and health enthusiasts
- Develops and/or catalogs resource material for health education and programs
- Provides training for health directors, lay health leaders, pastors, faith community nurses and other health professionals
- Fosters partnerships with other ministries, health institutions and organizations with similar goals
Addiction recovery resources through the , including the 12-step program
(CABL) scholarship program
Online health ministries
Online held throughout the North American Division
Online health ministries , in partnership with
More health initiatives and resources available on our website,
, official training for health ministry leaders
Dr. Angeline David Brauer is also available to speak on a wide variety of topics at your events. Find her online.