Archived News Stories
2011 News Archives
6-22-11 Emmy Awards Name Loma Linda TV Show Best in Region
|Pictured from left: Michael Wolcott, Maranatha Hay, Patricia Thio, and Cosmin Cosma. Not pictured is Larry Kidder. (Courtesy of Roesink Photography)|
Health/Science – Program or Special
• "Loma Linda 360," episode 3—"Stephanie’s Heart: Part 2," Michael Wolcott, Larry Kidder, Loma Linda University
• "Loma Linda 360," episode 5, Patricia Thio, Maranatha Hay, Cosmin Cosma, Loma Linda University
Human Interest – Single Story or Series
• "Crossing Out Fear," Patricia Thio, Cosmin Cosma, Loma Linda University
Documentary – Topical
• "Baby Blue," Maranatha Hay, Loma Linda University
According to Patricia Thio, associate director of PR video, "Loma Linda 360" highlights Loma Linda's unique stories of transforming lives. "We tell these stories so that the community can experience what Loma Linda is all about," she says, "and to inspire viewers to help make a positive difference."
Season 3 featured gripping documentary footage taken just minutes after the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the story of Baby Fae who captured the hearts of our nation 25 years ago, and other documentaries that take place at home and around the globe.
The show aired last year on the PBS affiliate KVCR and KVCR-DC. It can be viewed online at llu.edu/360, youtube.com/lomalinda360, and vimeo.com/channels/ll360.
The 37th Annual Pacific Southwest Emmy Awards took place on June 18, 2011, in Carlsbad, Calif. This is the show's second year to win Emmy Awards. Last year, LLU swept its categories by bringing home three Emmys.
LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY | Office of University Relations
Burden Hall, 24941 Stewart Street, Loma Linda, California 92350
(909) 558-4526 • fax (909) 558-4181