Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
NAD NewsPoints, 2010
|January 8, 2010
A News and Information Service
for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
● NEW IN 2010: MONTHLY WEBINARS FOR GROWING CHURCHES — AdventSource is sponsoring a series of FREE Webinars (via the Internet) presenting solutions for growing churches at 8:00 p.m. ET every 2nd Tuesday of the month.
The first one will be January 12, “Is Your Church Hiding? 10 Keys for Connecting with Your Community.” It will be hosted by Celeste Ryan Blyden and Kermit Netteburg. Learn how you can raise public awareness of Seventh-day Adventists in your area. The Webinar will conclude with a LIVE question and answer session.
Contact: http://webinars.adventsource.org/ to learn more and to register.
● ATTEND THE 2010 HEALTH SUMMIT/ORLANDO IN MAITLAND, FLORIDA, January 29 to February 7. “Focusing on Optimal Health in the 21st Century” will be sponsored by Florida Hospital, GC Health Ministries, and the Inter-American and North American Divisions. Four tracks of 15 hours of in-depth training each are available.
Topics covered this year will include: Cancer Prevention; Stress: Beyond Coping; Coronary Health Improvement Project (CHIP); Breathe Free Program to Stop Smoking; Pain-Free for Life; Wellspring Diabetes Program; CREATION Health; Principles of Health Evangelism; and Depression: Training the Trainer.
Contact: www.adventistmeetings.com/index.php for more information and to register.
● DON’T MISS THE NEXT NATIONAL ADVENTIST COMMUNITY SERVICES CONVENTION — March 28-April 3, 2010 near Orlando, Florida. Learn more about how to connect with your community in these critical times.
Certification will be offered in Youth Empowered to Serve (Y.E.S.), Disaster Response, Tutoring/Mentoring, Crisis Care Network, Community Development, and Elder Care Programs. Get some actual hands-on practice in community endeavors in the city of Orlando.
Youth, pastors, church leaders, community services leaders, volunteers, and social services workers should take advantage of this opportunity to increase their knowledge and to be inspired.
Contact: www.communityservices.org and www.plusline.org for more information and to register by the March 10 deadline.
● BECOME A FAN AND A FOLLOWER — There are currently over 3,900 “fans” of the North American Division on Facebook and over 90 people following on Twitter. Consider joining and get the latest up-to-the-minute updates.
Contact: www.facebook.com and search for North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. At www.twitter.com search for NADpres under “Find People.”
● COACH CERTIFICATION TRAINING, PART 1, will be conducted March 23-24 in Berrien Springs, Mich — Experience the power of coaching yourself and begin coaching others as you progress through this training. Use your new knowledge and skills within your own conference ministry or local church in a variety of ways, including to empower ministry leaders and other members and to disciple new and younger members. (Part 2 of this training will be scheduled during the Part 1 training, and will take place approximately seven months after Part 1.)
● ALL-DAY ADULT MINISTRIES TRAINING THREE DAYS BEFORE GC SESSION — Join NAD Adult Ministries (Sabbath School, Personal and Prison Ministries) for a full day of training, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on June 21, at the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. No fee.
Contact: www.nadadultministries.org for more information.
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, Jan 22-24, Berrien Springs, MI – email@example.com
• Annual Health Summit in Orlando, “Optimal Health in the 21st Century,” Jan 29-Feb 7 – www.nadhealthsummit.com or 800-732-7587
• Webinar: Reaching 21st Century Parents – They Are Ready, Are You? Feb 9 – http://webinars.adventsource.org
• Healthy People Conference, Mar 9-10, 2010–Loma Linda University School of Public Health, Loma Linda, CA – www.healthypeopleconference.org or (800) 732-7587
• K.I.D. University, Mar 21-24, Collegedale, TN – www.kidsindiscipleship.org/training
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, Mar 19-21, Nevada-Utah Conference – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coach Certification Training – Part 1, Mar 23, 24, Berrien Springs, MI – www.nadei.org/article.php?id=252
• Andrews Music and Worship Conference, Mar 25-27, 2010 – Berrien Springs, MI - www.auworshipconference.org
• Adventist Community Services Convention, Mar 28 – Apr 3, Orlando, FL -- www.communityservices.org
• 4 EXTREMES, Just Claim It 2, YPAC Convention, Ignition, and Children’s Worship Conference, Apr 7–11, Columbus, Ohio – 301-680-6472 or www.jci2.org
• SONscreen Film Festival VIII, GC Special Edition Showcase, June 26-27, – www.sonscreen.com
• Spanish From This Day Forward Marriage Conference, Apr 17, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• Natural Church Development Coach Training, Phase 1, May 3-5, Berrien Springs, MI – www.nadei.org/article.php?id=226
• From This Day Forward Marriage Conference, May 15, Stamford, CT – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program/Basic, May 16–20, Denver, CO – www.plusline.org/events
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, June 4-5, Alaska Conference – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• SEEDS Plus 2010 Pre-Conference Session, “Reaching Our Cities . . . Forward with Courage,” June 18-20, Collegedale, TN – www.NADEI.org
• K.I.D. Plant, June 18-20, Collegedale, TN – www.kidsindiscipleship.org/training
• SEEDS Plus 2010 Conference, “Reaching Our Cities . . . Forward with Courage,” June 21-23, Collegedale, TN – www.NADEI.org
• ONE-Day Broad Spectrum Ministry Training Initiative – Pre-GC Session Adult Ministries Training Day, June 21, Atlanta, GA – 301-680-6430
• World Adventist Chaplain Summit, June 22-27, Atlanta, GA – www.nad.adventistchaplains.org
• GC Session 2010 "Proclaiming God's Grace," June 23 - July 3, Atlanta, GA – www.gcsession.org