Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
|December 18, 2009
A News and Information Service
for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
— SHARE THE HOPE AGAIN IN 2010 —
by Bernadine Delafield,
Special Projects/NET Evangelism Coordinator
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS FOR EVANGELISM IN 2010
The objectives for Share the Hope Again presented at the Year-end Meeting are listed below. Please read and think about ways in which they can be part of the conferences and churches strategic planning. Allow them to inspire and shape your ministry in the coming year. The plans for Share the Hope Again are meant to trickle down to every pastor, lay pastor, lay leader and every person sitting in the pews of the 6,000 plus churches in the North American Division.
6,000! Is that number a bit surprising? Think of the potential of 6,000 congregations. If every church engaged in evangelism and outreach in the coming year, think of the impact the Seventh-day Adventist Church would make across North America. Think of the positive change that would come over our nation.
• To intentionally prioritize the need for spiritual renewal at every level of the church
• To work towards the full and direct engagement of all church members, as well as that of pastors and leaders everywhere
• To disciple new believers for participation in the mission of the church
• To reclaim inactive and former members in the ministry of Jesus
• Division, unions, conferences and Adventist institutions to focus on spiritual renewal
• Churches hold fasting and prayer weekends
• Every pastor to be engaged in a clear cycle of evangelism including reaping opportunities
• Every conference, union, division officer and departmental leader to participate in direct evangelistic activity
• New believers to be trained for ministry and outreach
• Increase Sabbath attendance across the Division
• Lay members to be trained and/or engaged in evangelism across the Division
• 100,000 baptisms
CONTACT: www.sharethehope2010.com for the Share the Hope Again 2010 website.
PRAY for Share the Hope Again 2010 from now and through 2010. Sign up as a prayer warrior and subscribe to the Prayer Warrior newsletter at www.yearofevangelism.com/article.php?id=4.
REMEMBER THE NAD DAY OF PRAYER, JANUARY 2. January 2. The 1-hour program will be a Really Living re-run with Don Schneider interviewing Jerry and Janet Page. It will air on the Hope Church Channel at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. EST, and again at 4 p.m. (EST), and again on January 9 at 11 a.m. EST.
The program will be downloadable from the NAD Ministerial Association web site, www.nadministerial.org, in January.
• Generation of Youth for Christ (GYC) Conference, Dec 30 - Jan 3, Louisville, KY – www.gycweb.org/conference.html
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, Jan 22-24, Berrien Springs, MI – email@example.com
• Annual Health Summit in Orlando, “Optimal Health in the 21st Century,” Jan 29-Feb 7 – www.nadhealthsummit.com or 800-732-7587
• K.I.D. University, Mar 21-24, Collegedale, TN – www.kidsindiscipleship.org/training
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, Mar 19-21, Nevada-Utah Conference – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coach Certification Training – Part 1, Mar 23, 24, Berrien Springs, MI – www.nadei.org/article.php?id=252
• Andrews Music and Worship Conference, Mar 25-27, 2010 – Berrien Springs, MI - www.auworshipconference.org
• Adventist Community Services Convention, Mar 28 – Apr 3, Orlando, FL -- www.communityservices.org
• 4 EXTREMES, Just Claim It 2, YPAC Convention, Ignition, and Children’s Worship Conference, Apr 7–11, Columbus, Ohio – 301-680-6472 or www.jci2.org
• SONscreen Film Festival VIII – Apr 8-10, 2010 – Simi Valley, CA – www.sonscreen.com
• Spanish From This Day Forward Marriage Conference, Apr 17, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, – www.adventistfamilyministries.com