Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
|November 20, 2009
A News and Information Service
for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
● THERE WILL BE NO FRIDAY FAX UNTIL DECEMBER 10. May all have a blessed and safe holiday.
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thes. 5:16-18, NASB)
● BIBLE LESSONS FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED — Christian Record Services, in Lincoln, Neb., has large-print and Braille Bible lessons available for the visually impaired. Available are: Discover, Amazing Facts, Come Alive with Jesus, and Stay Alive with Jesus. Good for handouts.
Contact: 402-488-0981, Ext. 248, to reach the Bible School at Christian Record.
● OWN YOUR OWN HOPE CHANNEL OR ESPERANZA TV STATION — The FCC has opened an application period for low power TV station licenses in small markets and rural areas. The application period for major market station licenses opens in January. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to evangelize your community by broadcasting the official TV network of the Church. Owning a digital LPTV station(s) enables you to broadcast both Hope Channel and Esperanza TV! Both signals are free for rebroadcast.
Contact: http://tinyurl.com/yjlugf6 for details. For more information on the application process contact broadcast attorney Don Martin, P.C., in Virginia at 703.642.2344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● INFLUENCE WHAT CHILDREN SEE ON TV — The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is launching an Inquiry on Children and Media, releasing a Notice of Inquiry to initiate a new rule-making proceeding about children and the media. The FCC seeks information about how children can be served and protected, and their parents and guardians empowered to use electronic media beneficially.
Teachers, pastors, parents, and anyone concerned about children and the media should respond.
Contact: http://tinyurl.com/ykp3wbg to read all about it, and for the link to the FCC’s Electronic Comment Filing website.
● CRUISE WITH A MISSION, DEC 12-19 — Exclusively for young adults, ages 18-35, this is the third Cruise sponsored by Center for Youth Evangelism. It offers mission work, a cruise and a spiritual retreat, all in seven days, stopping at Key West, FL; Falmouth, Jamaica; Georgetown, Cayman Islands; and Cozumel, Mexico. Prices start at $599 per person.
Contact: 269-471-8341 or 800-YOUTH-2U, or email email@example.com for information. Please visit www.adventistyouth.org/CWM to book your Cruise with a Mission.
● BIBLEINFO.COM WILL PARTNER WITH VOP’S DISCOVER BIBLE SCHOOLS, moving from the Upper Columbia Conference to the North American Division. BibleInfo had more than 2.6 million pages viewed last year and receives more Internet traffic than any other website owned and operated by the Church. Its success is attributed to its interactive nature.
BibleInfo responded to more than 37,000 Bible questions and prayer requests last year, offering answers on more than 350 topics in 21 languages. It also offers www.KidsBibleInfo.com, for children.
Contact: www.BibleInfo.com and www.KidsBibleInfo.com to see for yourself. Link it to your websites, list it in outreach literature, bulletins, seminar materials, and add it to your written answers to Bible questions. Read more about it in the News section of the North American Division web site.
● WORLD AIDS DAY, DECEMBER 1 — ADRA is providing educational resources for churches, schools, and community outreach.
• Decision Meeting, "Celebrate Hope," with Evangelist Carlton Byrd, Nov 30 - Dec 5, at 7 - 8 p.m., ET, CT, PT – on HCC only. (CTZ 7 pm start time slightly delayed) – www.SharetheHope2009.com
• WestPoint of Evangelism, Dec 6-9, Simi Valley CA – http://paucministerial.adventistfaith.org/westpoint-of-evangelism
• 30th Annual Pastoral Evangelism Council, Dec 6-9, Oakwood College, Huntsville, AL – www.bcblc.org
• “Techno-Evangelism” Conference on Local Church Technology and Evangelism, Dec 7-8 – Huntsville, AL -- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Generation of Youth for Christ (GYC) Conference, Dec 30 - Jan 3, Louisville, KY – www.gycweb.org/conference.html
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, Jan 22-24, Berrien Springs, MI – email@example.com
• Annual Health Summit in Orlando, “Optimal Health in the 21st Century,” Jan 29-Feb 7 – www.nadhealthsummit.com or 800-732-7587
• K.I.D. University, Mar 21-24, Collegedale, TN – www.kidsindiscipleship.org/training
• Journey Towards Intimacy Marriage Retreat, Mar 19-21, Nevada-Utah Conference – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coach Certification Training – Part 1, Mar 23, 24, Berrien Springs, MI – www.nadei.org/article.php?id=252
• Andrews Music and Worship Conference, Mar 25-27, 2010 – Berrien Springs, MI - www.auworshipconference.org
• Adventist Community Services Convention, Mar 28 – Apr 3, Orlando, FL -- www.communityservices.org
• 4 EXTREMES, Apr 7–11, Columbus, Ohio – 301-680-6472 or www.jci2.org
• SONscreen Film Festival VIII – Apr 8-10, 2010 – Simi Valley, CA – www.sonscreen.com
• Spanish From This Day Forward Marriage Conference, Apr 17, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, – www.adventistfamilyministries.com