Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
July 24, 2009
|IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Mike Tucker of Faith for Today will be on TBN’s “Praise the Lord”
■ Be Ready! AIM Doubles and Triples Referrals
■ One-Week Sale on Church Logo Supplies
■ Video and Audio Recordings from Adventist Muslim Fellowship Association
■ 2009 Investment Projects for North America
■ The Adventist Channel Mini-Launcher Is Improved
■ Upcoming Events
■ MIKE TUCKER WILL BE ON TBN’S SHOW, “PRAISE THE LORD” (PTL), which will be hosted by Clifton Davis. The appointment was booked by the Adventist Media Agency, the church’s professional organization that helps to buy television and radio time and get programs on TV in specified areas. PTL will be taped on August 11 in Texas, and will air during prime time at 10:00 p.m. ET Wednesday, Aug 12, and is scheduled to repeat on Aug 13 at 5 p.m. ET.
■ BE READY! AIM DOUBLES AND TRIPLES BIBLE COURSE AND IN-HOME Bible Study Referrals — NAD’s evangelism call center, Adventist Information Ministry (AIM), is participating in Share the Hope in a unique way. AIM typically answers calls for media ministries, taking orders for “the current offer,” praying with callers and providing chaplain care where life issues and biblical questions are raised. (Andrews University seminary students provide this service and receive the benefit of real-life training). They also ask if the caller would like to receive a free Bible correspondence course or, if conversation leads to it, if they would like to have in–home Bible studies. Then appropriate referrals are sent to local churches for follow-up.
“We pray earnestly that the local churches are ready to receive these referrals and have evangelistic endeavors planned so interests can attend,” said AIM Director Twyla Wall.
Recently, reacting to the 2009 Year of Evangelism initiative, they decided to increase offers for in-home Bible studies. They renewed training on how to approach callers and prayed for the blessing and prompting of the Holy Spirit.
The results? So far the number of correspondence courses requested are double that of all of 2008, and in-home Bible study referrals have tripled!
■ FOR CHURCH LOGO SUPPLIES, A ONE-WEEK SALE — Positive ID is having a site-wide sale. Save $5.00 when you make any purchase by July 31. To receive your discount enter "save5july" in the discount coupon field on the checkout page.
Positive ID sells business cards, stationery, church flags, and has online templates to illustrate options.
■ THE ADVENTIST MUSLIM FELLOWSHIP ASSOCIATION (AMFA) WEBSITE is being upgraded. Check for videos from the Summit East held at Southern Adventist University in February, and for audio recordings from the Kentucky-Tennessee camp meeting. Be sure to read about the Adventist Muslim Relations Summit to be held at La Sierra University in September. Invite your friends who have an interest in blessing Muslims to join the site and start the journey of learning.
■ 2009 INVESTMENT PROJECTS FOR NORTH AMERICA are in the Lake and North Pacific Unions —
• Illinois Conference outreach mission to Chicagoland is part of the conference objective to reach everyone in the state of Illinois over a 5-year period.
• Wisconsin Public University Campus Ministry – Starting a secular campus ministry to nurture Adventist students and equip them to evangelize other students
• Alaska Village Suicide Prevention Pilot Project to provide hope where the suicide rate is very high.
Contact: www.adventiststewardship.org/investment.html and click on “2009 Mission Investment Projects” to learn more about each project.
■ THE ADVENTIST CHANNEL (TAC) BANNER — If you ran into difficulties updating the TAC banner on your website, try again. The Adventist Channel Mini Launcher has been improved.
Contact: www.TheAdventistChannel.org and click on the "Put TAC on your website!" tab at the bottom of the channel guide. You will see four different player options, two for TAC, one for Esperanza TV and one for VOP Radio. Click the “Get & Share” tab at the bottom of the player of your choice. Then click the "Copy Code" button at the bottom of the pop-up, then paste the code into your website.
UPCOMING EVENTS —
For a more complete list of upcoming events go to www.nadadventist.org/article.php?id=350
• ASI Convention, Aug 5-8, Phoenix, AZ - www.asiministries.org
• Pathfinder "Courage to Stand" Camporee, Aug 11-15 - Oshkosh WI – www.camporee.org
• Adventist Correction Chaplains Conference, Aug 26-29, New England Denominational History Tour
• Adventist Urban Congress, Aug 30-Sept 2, Dallas, TX – www.plusline.org
• Children's Ministries Training, Sept 11-13, Orlando, FL – www.childmin.com
• K.I.D. University, Sept 13-16, Collegedale, TN – www.KidsInDiscipleship.org
• UCAA Vervent Worship Conference, Sept 18-19, Atlanta, TN – www.ucaaonline.org
• Adventist Muslim Relations Summit West, Sept 24-26, La Sierra, CA – www.plusline.org/events
• Women’s Ministry Convention, Sept 25-27, Dallas, TX – www.nadwm.org
• "From This Day Forward" Marriage Conference, Sept 26, Minneapolis, MN – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/Columbia Union, DC/Baltimore, MD, Oct 10 – www.innovation2009.com
• Portuguese NET 2009 Series, via Esperanza TV from Dallas, TX Oct 10-17 – www.contagemregressiva.com
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program- Level II, Oct 11-15, Burleson, TX – www.plusline.org/events
• Society of Adventist Communicators, Oct 15-18, Newport Beach, CA – www.adventistcommunicator.org
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/Atlantic Union, Brooklyn, NY, Oct 17 – www.innovation2009.com
• Hispanic NET 2009 Series, Oct 24-31, via Esperanza TV from Portland, OR – www.redsecretosdelavida.com