Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
|IN THIS ISSUE —
■ NAD Offices Closed Monday
■ GIEN – Global Internet Evangelism Network in Orlando, FL
■ Conference on Marriage, Homosexuality and the Church
■ Time to Train for Reconnecting before Holidays
■ Lay Member Bible Worker Training
■ North Pacific Union Moves to Four-Day Work Week
■ Upcoming Events
■ CLOSED MONDAY — The North American Division offices will be closed on Monday, July 5, in celebration of U.S. Independence Day. Celebrate Freedom!
■ GIEN – GLOBAL INTERNET EVANGELISM NETWORK FORUM, will meet Sept 9-13 in Orlando FL. Web designers, communicators, evangelists, ministers, IT specialists, and church administrators interested in learning new ways of reaching the public through the Internet, should plan to attend.
Contact: www.gien.adventist.org for more information.
■ CONFERENCE ON MARRIAGE, HOMOSEXUALITY AND THE CHURCH will be at Andrews University, October 15-17.
The purpose of the conference is to provide a scholarly examination of questions that have been raised about the Church’s position on the Bible’s teaching on homosexual practice, to explore the religious liberty and social welfare implications of gay marriage, and to promote sound and sensitive ministerial and counseling practices in dealing with issues of gender orientation. The conference is also intended to produce scholarly papers from a variety of disciplines for a book that can provide the church at large with resources and information on dealing with this topic.
Contact: www.andrews.edu/mhcconference for details. Early bird registration deadline, Aug 4.
■ REMIND YOUR CHURCHES ABOUT RECONNECTING MINISTRIES — Holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are prime times when people return to visit a church if they have not attended church for a long time. These are traditional times to show great hospitality. This year be ready for them. Help your churches learn how to re-connect with former and non-attending members and stay connected.
The trainers at the Center for Creative Ministry use techniques such as motivation, practice, and feedback to design training events for local churches, conferences, camp meetings, ministerial development workshops, union and division-wide gatherings.
Contact: www.creativeministry.org for training resources.
■ LAY MEMBER BIBLE WORKER TRAINING — The Lay Institute for Evangelism (LIFE) is an ASI-sponsored lay training institute located in Orlando, FL. LIFE’s central objective is to train individuals and churches to impact their communities in a powerful way for Jesus Christ. They conduct onsite training programs, such as Summer Institute, Operation MissionLife, and Bible Study Boot Camps.
Operation MissionLIFE is a 4-month Lay Member-Bible Worker Certification program beginning August 23.
Contact: www.comeexperiencelife.com/index.html for more information.
INSIDE SCOOP —
■ NEW HOURS — The North Pacific Union Conference will move to a four-day work week, beginning July 20. The new hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Thursday.
“This more closely aligns our office with the operational schedule of many of our other regional church headquarters in the Northwest and even throughout North America,” says Max Torkelsen II, North Pacific Union Conference president. “It will enable us to offer our usual services more efficiently.”
Contact: www.npuc.org and www.gleaneronline.org.
UPCOMING EVENTS —
For a more complete list of upcoming events go to www.nadadventist.org/article.php?id=350
• Share the Hope Together Webinar, July 8 - www.sharethehope2009.com
• Family Celebration Sabbath, July 17-19, Berrien Springs, MI – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• ASI Convention, Aug 5-8, Phoenix, AZ - www.asiministries.org
• Pathfinder "Courage to Stand" Camporee, Aug 11-15 - Oshkosh WI – www.camporee.org
• Adventist Correction Chaplains Conference, Aug 26-29, New England Denominational History Tour
• Adventist Urban Congress, Aug 30-Sept 2, Dallas, TX – www.plusline.org
• GIEN Internet Ministries Conference, Sept 9-12, Orlando, FL – www.gien.adventist.org
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/Chicago, Sept 11-12, Hinsdale, IL -- www.innovations2009.com
• Children's Ministries Training, Sept 11-13, Orlando, FL – www.childmin.com
• K.I.D. University, Sept 13-16, Collegedale, TN - www.KidsInDiscipleship.org
• UCAA Worship Conference, Sept 18-19, Atlanta, GA - www.ucaaonline.org
• Women’s Ministry Convention, Sept 25-27, Dallas, TX – www.nadwm.org
• "From This Day Forward" Marriage Conference, Sept 26, Minneapolis, MN – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/Columbia Union, DC/Baltimore, MD, Oct 10 – www.innovation2009.com
• Portuguese NET 2009 Series, via Esperanza TV from Dallas, TX Oct 10-17 – www.laesperanzaesjesus.org
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program- Level II, Oct 11-15, Burleson, TX – www.plusline.org/events
• Society of Adventist Communicators, Oct 15-18, Newport Beach, CA – www.adventistcommunicator.org
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/Atlantic Union, Brooklyn, NY, Oct 17 – www.innovation2009.com
• Hispanic NET 2009 Series, Oct 24-31, via Esperanza TV from Portland, OR – www.laesperanzaesjesus.org