Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
March 6, 2009
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Special 800 Number Coming for HopeTV Viewers to Sign for DirecTV
■ Reduced Advertising Costs for Your Events
■ SEEDS 09 to Feature a House Church Summit
■ The King’s Heralds Music Now Available Online
■ Positive ID Sale For Friday FAX Readers Ends Today
■ E. E. Cleveland Exhibit at Andrews University
■ Spiritual Content Items for Adventist Websites
■ A Tribute to Paul Harvey
■ Upcoming Events
— RESOURCES —
■ HOPE TV WILL BE PARTNERING WITH DIRECTV — Soon a special 800-number will be made available for HopeTV viewers to sign up for DirecTV.
■ REDUCED COSTS FOR ADVERTISING TO THE DIVISION ARE AVAILABLE in union magazines. Half- or full-page ads placed in at least five of the nine union magazines receive a 15% discount. Additionally, frequency discounts can be added. This will require planning ahead for your advertising year.
Contact: www.NADNationalBuy.com for prices, schedules, and details. Call Nadine Dower at 360-828-7146, if you have questions after studying the Website.
■ SEEDS 09 FEATURES A HOUSE CHURCH SUMMIT — The House Church Summit is designed for anyone – member, pastor or conference administrator — who is part of a house church, wants to learn how to plant one, is interested in developing house churches within the Adventist Church structure, or has concerns about the house church concept.
Presenters include Bob Logan, internationally recognized authority on church planting; Milton Adams, Simple Church; Bill Levin, Green House; Michael Cauley, Florida Conference; and Ed Wright, Georgia-Cumberland Conference. SEEDS 09 is June 10-13 at Andrews University.
Contact: www.nadei.org to register. Questions? Call 800-255-7568.
■ THE KING'S HERALDS’ CD'S and individual songs are available online for downloading, and more are being added all the time.
Contact: www.theheralds.org to see what is currently available.
■ THE POSITIVE ID SALE EXTENSION FOR FRIDAY FAX READERS on business cards for pastors and conference leaders ends today, March 6.
Contact: www.adventmall.com. Enter “save 10" in the discount coupon field on the checkout page.
■ THE E. E. CLEVELAND EXHIBIT IS AN ONGOING EXHIBIT of the James White Library at Andrews University. E. E. Cleveland, one of our leading evangelists, has brought thousands of souls to Christ. He has had a stellar career as a preacher, teacher and administrator around the world. He has preached on six continents, served 23 years as the associate editor of Ministry magazine, written 15 books, and was the first African-American man elected to a departmental position at the General Conference.
In 2007 Elder Cleveland donated his personal papers and memorabilia to the Andrews University Center for Adventist Research. Be sure to check it out on your next visit to Andrews University.
■ SPIRITUAL CONTENT ITEMS FOR ADVENTIST WEBSITES — ScripShot is a paired photograph and Bible text that is refreshed by RSS technology 2-3 times per week that can be used as a devotional resource.
PodCasts of the Contemporary Comments on the Adult Sabbath School lesson is the weekly content feed that links a story in the news with the theme and Bible texts of the adult Sabbath school quarterly. PodCast is downloadable to a computer, cell phone, iPod or MP3 player.
— INSIDE SCOOP —
■ A TRIBUTE TO PAUL HARVEY, “A TALE OF TWO FRIENDS,” has been posted by Connie Vandeman Jeffery on YouTube and SDALink.
Contact: www.link.biggytv.com/media/265/Paul_Harvey_Tribute for the SDALink video or to www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdx1HRRk4E.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
For a more complete list of upcoming events go to www.nadadventist.org/article.php?id=350
• Adventist Campus Chaplains Conference, Mar 18-24, Lincoln, NE – www.adventistchaplains.org
• Children's Ministries Training, Mar 20-22, NY -- www.childmin.com
• RE:FRAME Training, Mar 20-22, Thousand Oaks, CA– www.reframe.info
• Andrews University Music & Worship Conference, Mar 26-28, Berrien Springs, MI – www.auworshipconference.org
• Children's Ministries Training, Apr 3-5, Cohutta Springs, Crandall, GA – www.childmin.com
• K.I.D. University, Apr 3-5, Portland, OR – www.kidsindiscipleship.org
• Spanish "From This Day Forward" Marriage Conference (De Hoy En Adelante), Apr 4, Charlotte, NC – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/North Pacific Union, Apr 11, Walla Walla, WA – www.innovation2009.com
• K.I.D. University, Apr 12-15, Collegedale, TN – www.kidsindiscipleship.org/index.php
• SONscreen Film Festival VII, Apr 16-18, Simi Valley, CA – www.sonscreen.com
• K.I.D. University, Apr 16-19, National City, CA – www.kidsindiscipleship.org/index.php
• NAD Adult Sabbath School Summit, “One Mission, Many Methods," Apr 24-25, Silver Spring, MD – www.plusline.org
• Youth & Young Adult Ministries Leadership Training/Lake Union, West Michigan Youth Rally, MI, April 24-25 – www.innovation2009.com
• "From This Day Forward" Marriage Conference, Apr 25, Philadelphia, PA – www.adventistfamilyministries.com
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program- Level I, May 3-7, Burleson, TX - www.plusline.org