Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
Friday FAX 2007
September 14, 2007
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Satellite Dish Project Idea
■ Help Needed for New Orleans Rebuilding Projects
■ HeartQuest Music Artists and Schedule
■ Your Personal Ad for “Out of Thin Air”
■ Freebies for Halloween Giveaways
■ The New Adventist Channel on 3,000+ Websites
■ Oregon Conference Billboards for Evangelism
■ News Stories on the NAD Website
■ Upcoming Events
— RESOURCES —
■ SATELLITE DISHES FOR ADVENTIST TV — Maybe something like this successful project done in the Australian Conference would work in your conference:
Five churches in Victoria’s Gippsland District united to promote Adventist TV. They gave out 40,000 handbills offering installation at $299 (AUD) and trained members in each church on how to install satellite dishes. The churches stepped out in faith and purchased 40 dishes. After only six weeks they had installed all 40 (half to non-Adventist homes), and bought more dishes. The local prison is even considering installing a dish with a TV set locked onto Christian TV 24 hours a day.
The Gippsland churches now plan to buy local TV advertising to further promote their project. – Evangelism News, May, 2007. (editor@EvangelismNews.com)
Satellite dishes that receive Hope TV, satellite evangelism series, 3ABN, and more, both at home and at church, are available for less than USD$200.
■ REBUILDING PROJECTS IN NEW ORLEANS AND SOUTHERN LOUISIANA post-Hurricane Katrina still need help.
Contact: www.communityservices.org/SiteResources/data/files/ALCR_3_Rebuilding.pdf to learn how you or your church or youth groups can help. This site also contains information about things to do in the area, the weather, safe vs. unsafe places in New Orleans, and more.
■ HEARTQUEST MUSIC IS BEING CAREFULLY CHOSEN to magnify the message of “HeartQuest – Finding the One who has loved you all along.” Lauren Talley, of the southern gospel group The Talleys and The Talley Trio, Lauren of the Gaither Homecoming Specials, and other favorites, will be performing.
Contact: www.heartquest.tv and click on musicians for more about the artists and the music schedule.
■ FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS — Put it in your email signature: Origins? What is the evidence?
■ SHARE KIDZONE BIBLE GUIDE ENROLLMENT CARDS FOR HALLOWEEN — A free packet of cards is available to anyone in the U.S. or Canada who writes to the Voice of Prophecy.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 805-955-7659. Churches may wish to purchase larger quantities for distribution to their members.
■ THE NEW ADVENTIST CHANNEL HAS BEEN POSTED TO MORE THAN 3,000 web sites, so far. It includes videos about Adventist mission, music, Bible study programs and spots, health programs, Really Living, and more.
You can put The Adventist Channel on your web site. Contact: email@example.com for the simple instructions. If you wish to refer to the Adventist Channel's web address, please use www.theadventistchannel.org.
— INSIDE SCOOP —
■ OREGON CONFERENCE HAS PUT UP 26 "Out of Thin Air" event billboards all around the Portland area inviting locals to attend the series at a nearby church. They are using "Out of Thin Air" as pre-event outreach for a full-scale evangelistic series to be conducted in Portland in conjunction with It Is Written in early 2008.
■ LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING NEWS STORIES, and more, currently on the Division website at www.nadadventist.org:
• New Message Magazine Editor Named
• “Secret of the Cave” Award-winning DVD Available in Stores
• Adventist College and Universities Rank “Tops” in US News & World Report
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
A quick view of events sponsored by the North American Division
• ‘07 Revive! “Here We Stand: Foundations of Our Faith,” September 7-15, Lansing, Michigan -- www.07revive.com
• “From This Day Forward” Marriage Conferences, September 22, Denver, Colorado -- www.ftdf2007.org
• Adult Ministries Festival Of The Laity – September 26-29, Orlando, Florida, www.festivalofthelaity.com
• Vervent Worship Conference: 3rd Annual United Christian Artists Association’s Music and Worship Conference, September 27-29, Baltimore, Maryland – www.ucaaonline.org
• “Out of Thin Air” 4-day satellite series with Shawn Boonstra, September 28-October 1, www.thinairevent.com
• National Conference on Innovation, September 30 to October 2, Columbus, Ohio – www.sdapartnersininnovation.org
• Society of Adventist Communicators Convention, October 11-14, Nashville, Tennessee – www.plusline.org/events.php and www.adventistcommunicator.org/index.php
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program, Level II, October 14-19, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, Maryland -- www.plusline.org
• NET 2007, “HeartQuest: Finding the One Who Has Loved You All Along,” Satellite direct-to-church event with Mike Tucker, October 19 - November 3, www.HeartQuest.info/host
• Vervent Worship and the Arts Conference, October 25-27, Denver, Colorado – www.denverfirstsda.org/worship
• Children’s Ministries Convention, November 8-11, Loma Linda, California – www.plusline.org; http://gofishconference.net
• Cruise With a Mission, December 16-23, Carribean cruise: Florida, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico – www.cruisewithamission.org
• Christmas Mission Trip, "Impact Taiwan," December 24, 2007 - January 5, 2008 – http://www.wcycs.org/main/main.asp
Managing Editor – Lynetta Murdoch
To subscribe or unsubscribe go to