Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
Friday FAX 2007
September 7, 2007
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ You Can Post The Adventist Channel to Your Website
■ K-12 Teachers Urgently Needed for Micronesia
■ Rare Full-Power FM Radio Station Filing Window
■ Nine NAD Pastors to be on Hope TV with GC President
■ Video and Live-Streaming for NAD Websites
■ New Biweekly e-Newsletter for NAD Pastors
■ Upcoming Events
— RESOURCES —
■ THE NEW ADVENTIST CHANNEL CAN BE POSTED on your website. It is a video-on-demand service that allows viewers to chose from Adventist programming.
Contact: email@example.com for instructions.
BiggyTV, with which the division is partnering, will be pushing some of the church’s programming to its 2,500 affiliates.
Contact: www.nadadventist.org to view the mini-player.
■ MICRONESIA HAS AN URGENT NEED FOR ABOUT 70 K-12 TEACHERS, generally with 2 years of college. Unless they can get the teachers they need, they may have to shut down some Adventist schools and/or consolidate classrooms. Hundreds, if not thousands, of children will be affected. For volunteer teachers, housing, utilities, and a stipend to pay for food are supplied.
■ REMINDER! RARE FILING WINDOW FOR NEW FM RADIO STATIONS — You may have individuals, churches, or groups of churches in your conference who are interested in starting a full-power Adventist FM radio station. Get the word out and tell pastors and members that the Federal Communications Commission is opening a rare filing window October 12-19 for applications. Applicants must be nonprofit entities. Most desirable frequencies for new noncommercial stations are expected to be taken in this October’s filing window.
Contact: LifeTalk at 800-775-4673/ email firstname.lastname@example.org; or Don Martin at email@example.com / 703-642-2344 for assistance and information. Both are on Eastern time. More information is posted in the August 17 Friday FAX at www.nadadventist.org/article.php?id=245.
■ NINE NAD PASTORS WILL MEET WITH PRESIDENT JAN PAULSEN September 13 for the live, unscripted broadcast of Pastors: In Conversation. The program will provide an opportunity for Pastor Paulsen to hear firsthand from pastors about their “experiences of joy, frustration, concern and fulfillment in their special ministry,” said Rajmund Dabrowski, General Conference Communication director.
Church leaders anticipate the program will spawn similar live conversations and broadcasts worldwide.
The one-hour broadcast will air live from the Adventist Media Center on the Hope Channel at 9 p.m. EDT, or online via http://hopetv.org.
■ VIDEO MESSAGES ON THE WEB ADD TO THE OUTREACH MINISTRY of a church or school. Video and live-streaming are available to any Adventist Church or School Connect site for a small fee. Devotionals, sermons, evangelistic series, health talks, and more, can receive wide public exposure simply by placing them on a website.
Contact: www.adventistchurchconnect.org for more information.
See It Is Written's new streaming media lab at www.itiswritten.com/betterway. It has enabled Boonstra to launch an online devotional program that features a new 3-4 minute spiritual boost every weekday. This lab also allows for timely responses to current events, as well as new video Bible study programs.
Quiet Moment Ministries, an ASI ministry, is streaming an evangelistic series, “The Simple Truth” October 6 - November 3 (except Mondays and Thursdays), on their website. Claude Shaw, pastor of the Ypsilanti, Michigan church, will be the speaker.
Contact: www.simpletruth07.com for details and to register.
■ BEST PRACTICES IN ADVENTIST MINISTRY is a new electronic biweekly newsletter specifically designed for pastors of the North American Division. Loren Seibold, pastor of the Worthington, Ohio church, has been selected to edit this practical ministry newsletter from the Church Resource Center. The practical and punchy newsletter features an editorial on ministry practics, resources and ideas, news items, upcoming events, spicy quotations, and featured practitioners of ministry.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
A quick view of events sponsored by the North American Division
• ‘07 Revive! “Here We Stand: Foundations of Our Faith,” September 7-15, Lansing, Michigan -- www.07revive.com
• “From This Day Forward” Marriage Conferences, September 22, Denver, Colorado -- www.ftdf2007.org
• Adult Ministries Festival Of The Laity – September 26-29, Orlando, Florida, www.festivalofthelaity.com
• Vervent Worship Conference: 3rd Annual United Christian Artists Association’s Music and Worship Conference, September 27-29, Baltimore, Maryland – www.ucaaonline.org
• “Out of Thin Air” 4-day satellite series with Shawn Boonstra, September 28-October 1, www.thinairevent.com
• National Conference on Innovation, September 30 to October 2, Columbus, Ohio – www.sdapartnersininnovation.org
• Society of Adventist Communicators Convention, October 11-14, Nashville, Tennessee – www.plusline.org/events.php and www.adventistcommunicator.org/index.php
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program, Level II, October 14-19, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, Maryland -- www.plusline.org
• NET 2007, “HeartQuest: Finding the One Who Has Loved You All Along,” Satellite direct-to-church event with Mike Tucker, October 19 - November 3, www.HeartQuest.info/host
• Vervent Worship and the Arts Conference, October 25-27, Denver, Colorado – www.denverfirstsda.org/worship
• Children’s Ministries Convention, November 8-11, Loma Linda, California – www.plusline.org; http://gofishconference.net
• Cruise With a Mission, December 16-23, Carribean cruise: Florida, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico – www.cruisewithamission.org
• Christmas Mission Trip, "Impact Taiwan," December 24, 2007 - January 5, 2008 – http://www.wcycs.org/main/main.asp
Managing Editor – Lynetta Murdoch
To subscribe or unsubscribe go to