Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
Friday FAX 2007
August 10, 2007
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Almost Sold Out! Hotel for Festival of the Laity
■ Deadline Extended for “Out Of Thin Air” materials
■ What Your Church Members Need to Know Now
■ Satellite Dish Special, While Supplies Last
■ Adventist Satellite Equipment
■ Ministries for Changing World
■ Music Guidelines, Applications, for GC 2010 Session
■ 34,636 Baptisms So Far
■ Upcoming Events
— RESOURCES —
■ ALMOST SOLD OUT! — The hotel for the Festival of the Laity, September 26-29, in Orlando, Florida, is almost sold out of rooms at the convention price of US$99/night.
Contact: www.thefloridahotelorlando.com or to register online, or call 800-588-4656.
Any who want to strengthen their capabilities in the areas of Prison Ministries, Sabbath School, and Personal Ministries should attend.
Contact: www.festivalofthelaity.com to register for the Festival.
■ COLOR PRESS IS EXTENDING THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERING “Out of Thin Air” materials to August 20, but the cost for personalized handbills will increase to $89/M.
Contact: www.adventistevangelism.com/OutofThinAir or call Color Press at 800-222-2145 to order.
Now is the perfect time to register for "Out of Thin Air," less than two months away, September 28 - October 1. This four-night event will explore the creation-evolution debate and tackle Darwin’s claims head-on. Dr. Timothy Standish of the Geoscience Research Institute will be joining Pastor Boonstra for two of the four programs.
Contact: www.thinairevent.com/host to register and receive a free resource kit, or call 1-877-507-3239.
■ CHURCH MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SHOW NET 2007 IN THEIR HOMES, so please pass this information on to them as soon as possible.
Contact: www.heartquest.info/host to register, and to order handbills and equipment (now on sale).
Deadlines for ordering NET 2007 handbills are as follows:
August 20, US$72.00/1,000
September 3, US$76.00/1,000
Please encourage registration and early preparation for this special series, October 19 - November 3, especially designed to appeal to the postmodern mind.
■ SATELLITE DISH SPECIAL, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST — Satellite dishes for churches or homes are available for US$189 for the basic package for churches or homes. These dishes can receive satellite uplinked evangelism series, camp meetings, church services and more, via 3ABN, ACN, ATN, Hope TV, LLBN, Esperanza, and LifeTalk Radio. Get the dishes well in advance of the series to become experienced in downlinking the desired programs.
■ ADVENTIST SATELLITE ALSO PROVIDES SATELLITE EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES for Adventist broadcasters, such as the Hope Channel (including NET Events), Esperanza TV, Glorystar, (including LLBN), and Radio 74. Glorystar Satellite Systems was created to add the Adventist Broadcasters into a network of Christian Channels allowing additional outreach opportunities.
Contact: 866-552-6882 or www.adventistsat.com.
■ NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INNOVATION, September 30 to October 2. Learn to create ministries that are effective in a constantly changing world.
■ GC SESSION, 2010 MUSIC GUIDELINES applications, and additional information are now online.
— INSIDE SCOOP —
■ 34,636 BAPTISMS SO FAR — It Is Written's (IIW) Spanish Esta Escrito telecast speaker, Pastor Robert Costa, just returned from conducting 84 meetings in five weeks all across Peru (in conjunction with the Peru unions), and so far 34,636 people have been baptized! “Peru has really perfected the art of the small group Bible study,” says Michele Stotz, PR Director for IIW, “and these meetings capped off the efforts of pastors and members across the country and led people into decisions for Christ.” By December, the total baptisms are expected to be the highest in the history of the church in Peru.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
A quick view of events sponsored by the North American Division
• ‘07 Revive! “Here We Stand: Foundations of Our Faith,” September 7-15, Lansing, Michigan -- www.07revive.com
• “From This Day Forward” Marriage Conferences, September 22, Denver, Colorado -- www.ftdf2007.org
• Adult Ministries Festival Of The Laity – September 26-29, Orlando, Florida, www.festivalofthelaity.com
• Vervent Worship Conference: 3rd Annual United Christian Artists Association’s Music and Worship Conference, September 27-29, Baltimore, Maryland – www.ucaaonline.org
• “Out of Thin Air” 4-day satellite series with Shawn Boonstra, September 28-October 1, www.thinairevent.com
• National Conference on Innovation, September 30 to October 2, Columbus, Ohio – www.sdapartnersininnovation.org
• Society of Adventist Communicators Convention, October 11-14, Nashville, Tennessee – www.plusline.org/events.php and www.adventistcommunicator.org/index.php
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program, Level II, October 14-19, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, Maryland -- www.plusline.org
• NET 2007, “HeartQuest: Finding the One Who Has Loved You All Along,” Satellite direct-to-church event with Mike Tucker, October 19 - November 3, www.HeartQuest.info/host
• Vervent Worship and the Arts Conference, October 25-27, Denver, Colorado – www.denverfirstsda.org/worship
• Cruise With a Mission, December 16-23, Carribean cruise: Florida, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico – www.cruisewithamission.org
• Christmas Mission Trip, "Impact Taiwan," December 24, 2007 - January 5, 2008 – http://www.wcycs.org/main/main.asp
Managing Editor – Lynetta Murdoch
To subscribe or unsubscribe go to