Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
Friday FAX 2007
August 3, 2007
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Attract Your Postmodern Community to NET 2007
■ Register in Time for Ad in Christianity Today Responses
■ Evangelism Videos for US$1.15 Each
■ Video Sharing for Ministry
■ Not Your Father’s Union Magazine
■ Take the Poll. Then Learn More
■ Society of Adventist Communicators Convention
■ Upcoming Events
— RESOURCES —
■ ATTRACT YOUR POSTMODERN COMMUNITY — The next NET evangelism series, October 19 - November 3, is especially designed to appeal to this mindset. That’s why it is available for individuals to invite their friends an neighbors to view in their homes.
The first deadline for ordering handbills is August 6, for the price of US$69/1,000.
“HeartQuest: Finding the One Who Has Loved You All Along,” is the title of NET 2007, with Faith for Today Speaker Mike Tucker.
Contact: www.HeartQuest.Info/host for more information and to register.
■ CHRISTIANITY TODAY MAGAZINE WILL SOON CARRY AN AD for the 4-night series, "Out of Thin Air," with Shawn Boonstra, taking place September 28 - October 1. So very soon, many Christianity Today readers and others will be looking for a host church near them.
Be ready! Now is the time to register your church for this event.
Contact: www.thinairevent.com/host or 877-507-3239 to sign up.
■ EVANGELISM VIDEOS FOR US$1.15 EACH — While they last, full sets of “The Voice of Prophecy Speaks” on 26 VHS are US$29.96 plus shipping. This is a complete NET series (Net 2003) by Lonnie Melashenko, Speaker/Director of the Voice of Prophecy. It’s also available on 13 DVDs for US$79.96 plus shipping.
Contact: 805-955-7667 to order.
■ VIDEO SHARING FOR MINISTRY — A new website has been launched by the Pacific Union Conference that seeks to network ministry ideas via a YouTube-like website called SpiritFlash. Unlike YouTube, SpiritFlash is not meant to be a destination site for entertainment, but rather a church ministry site that features short video clips that depict what individual Adventist members, groups and organizations are doing to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Everyone is welcome to join and submit videos as long as they fit the mission and purpose of the site. Currently videos will only be accepted in English.
■ NOT YOUR FATHER’S UNION MAGAZINE — Many today no longer subscribe to hard-copy magazines or newsletters and prefer to get them online. Southwestern Union has created an online “flip-book” version that is just like holding the magazine in your hands. You can see the entire spread of two pages on the screen in full size, as readable as it is in print.
Contact: http://www.swurecord.org/r/flip/link.html and click on “August 2007 Record.” (Copy may open in new window.) To read it, click on a corner to turn pages, or drag the page to the left or right, or you can click on the arrows at the bottom right. You can also click on any news section or feature listed in the Table of Contents to go directly to that page. It links to some conference news stories at their websites also. Click on display ads to go directly to the entity being advertised.
■ WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE about creation or evolution?
Contact: www.nadadventist.org and participate in the new “fun poll.” Encourage your friends to also, and to read the accompanying “Creation vs. Evolution Poll Information” that you can find after taking the poll.
■ SOCIETY OF ADVENTIST COMMUNICATORS (SAC) CONVENTION — The 2007 convention will be in Nashville, Tennessee. It is a convention where students, beginning communicators, and seasoned professionals will have the opportunity to share ideas as well as participate in field trips, workshops, networking, and inspirational worships. Exhibitors are invited.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
A quick view of events sponsored by the North American Division
• ‘07 Revive! “Here We Stand: Foundations of Our Faith,” September 7-15, Lansing, Michigan -- www.07revive.com
• “From This Day Forward” Marriage Conferences, September 22, Denver, Colorado -- www.ftdf2007.org
• Adult Ministries Festival Of The Laity – September 26-29, Orlando, Florida, www.festivalofthelaity.com
• Vervent Worship Conference: 3rd Annual United Christian Artists Association’s Music and Worship Conference, September 27-29, Baltimore, Maryland – www.ucaaonline.org
• “Out of Thin Air” 4-day satellite series with Shawn Boonstra, September 28-October 1, www.thinairevent.com
• National Conference on Innovation, September 30 to October 2, Columbus, Ohio – www.sdapartnersininnovation.org
• Society of Adventist Communicators Convention, October 11-14, Nashville, Tennessee – www.plusline.org/events.php and www.adventistcommunicator.org/index.php
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program, Level II, October 14-19, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, Maryland -- www.plusline.org
• NET 2007, “HeartQuest: Finding the One Who Has Loved You All Along,” Satellite direct-to-church event with Mike Tucker, October 19 - November 3, www.HeartQuest.info/host
• Vervent Worship and the Arts Conference, October 25-27, Denver, Colorado – www.denverfirstsda.org/worship
• Cruise With a Mission, December 16-23, Carribean cruise: Florida, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico – www.cruisewithamission.org
Managing Editor – Lynetta Murdoch
To subscribe or unsubscribe go to