Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
Friday FAX 2007
July 13, 2007
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Nominate the 2007 Innovative Church of the Year
■ English/Spanish Evangelism Series from South America with Doug Batchelor
■ Name A New Music Ministry Magazine Contest
■ Resource for the Men’s Day of Prayer, September 1
■ Resource for Family Togetherness Week, September 9-15
■ Festival of the Laity to be in Florida in September
■ National Conference on Innovation
■ Upcoming Events
— RESOURCES —
■ 2007 INNOVATIVE CHURCH OF THE YEAR — The Church Resources Consortium is accepting nominations for the 2007 NAD Innovative Church of the Year. The deadline for nominations is August 15. The NAD Church Resource Center is looking for a church that has successfully taken advantage of opportunities in a changing society with new ways of doing ministry. A cash prize of US$2000 and an all-expense-paid trip for three to the National Conference on Innovation will be awarded to the winner. Conference administrators, pastors, and lay leaders are invited to fill out an application.
Contact: Dave Gemmell at firstname.lastname@example.org for the form.
■ ENGLISH/SPANISH SERIES, "HIDDEN TRUTH, NOW REVEALED!" with Amazing Facts President/Speaker Doug Batchelor will be uplinked live on Esperanza/Hope TV and 3ABN Latino, July 14-21. The series, will be held in a Catholic auditorium in Medellin, Colombia, South America. Meetings will be aired live each evening on Esperanza/ HopeTV and 3ABN Latino at 5:30 pm Pacific, 6:30 pm Mountain, 7:30 pm Central and 8:30 pm Eastern time.
■ NAME A NEW MUSIC MINISTRY MAGAZINE — Deadline for suggestions is July 15 for names for the United Christian Artists Association’s (UCAA) new music ministry magazine. It will debut during the 3rd Annual UCAA Music and Worship Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. The first issue will be available in stores in early 2008. It will include articles about music ministry; NAD-wide calendar events; feature articles focused on mainstream and independent musicians; feature profiles of music and worship leaders, praise teams, and pastors who are striving for excellence; great music resources and other information.
The person who submits the winning name will receive a 2-year subscription to the magazine with their photo appearing in the first issue as the contest winner, and a VIP pass to the 3rd Annual UCAA Music and Worship Conference.
Contact: email@example.com to send your suggestions.
Contact www.ucaaonline.org to register. Online registration ends August 31.
■ "POWERED BY GOD," IS ONLINE IN ENGLISH, SPANISH, AND FRENCH, as the resource for the 2007 Men's Day of Prayer, September 1.
■ FOR FAMILY TOGETHERNESS WEEK, SEPTEMBER 9-15, a Family Ministries Planbook has been developed titled, Relationships Where Grace Is in Place.
Contact: www.adventsource.com or 800-328-0525.
■ FESTIVAL OF THE LAITY, September 26-29, will be at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando, Florida. Participants registering for the Festival of the Laity can choose from 45 specialized training seminars, eight dynamic general sessions, and six meals. All who want to strengthen their capabilities in the areas of Prison Ministries, Sabbath School, and Personal Ministries should attend.
The Festival will provide great music, personal testimonies, power-ful preaching, and networking opportunities that will strengthen you and your ministry teams.
Early-bird registration deadline for the rate of US$199 ends August 16; US$225 after that.
■ THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INNOVATION, September 30 to October 2, isn’t a predictable church meeting. It is where progressive leaders meet to shape their mission for today’s realities. This year there are new presenters. It’s time to register for this exciting event, held at the Hilton at Easton in Columbus, Ohio.
Contact: www.sdapartnersininnovation.org/registration.pdf to register by September 10. Call 614-414-5000 for hotel reservations by September 1.
— UPCOMING EVENTS —
A quick view of events sponsored by the North American Division
• Adventist Urban Congress, July 22-27, Huntsville, Alabama – www.plusline.org/events.php
• Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries Annual International Convention, 60th Anniversary Celebration, August 1-4, Louisville, Kentucky. www.asiministries.org
• ‘07 Revive! “Here We Stand: Foundations of Our Faith,” September 7-15, Lansing, Michigan -- www.07revive.com
• “From This Day Forward” Marriage Conferences, September 22, Denver, Colorado -- www.ftdf2007.org
• Adult Ministries Festival Of The Laity – September 26-29, Orlando, Florida, www.festivalofthelaity.com
• Vervent Worship Conference: 3rd Annual United Christian Artists Association’s Music and Worship Conference, September 27-29, Baltimore, Maryland – www.ucaaonline.org
• “Out of Thin Air” 4-day satellite series with Shawn Boonstra, September 28-October 1, www.thinairevent.com
• National Conference on Innovation, September 30 to October 2, Columbus, Ohio – www.sdapartnersininnovation.org
• Society of Adventist Communicators Convention, October 11-14, Nashville, Tennessee – www.plusline.org/events.php and www.adventistcommunicator.org/index.php
• Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program, Level II, October 14-19, Columbia Union College, Takoma Park, Maryland -- www.plusline.org
• NET 2007, “HeartQuest: Finding the One Who Has Loved You All Along,” Satellite direct-to-church event with Mike Tucker, October 19 - November 3, www.HeartQuest.info/host
• Vervent Worship and the Arts Conference, October 25-27, Denver, Colorado – www.denverfirstsda.org/worship
• Cruise With a Mission, December 16-23, Carribean cruise: Florida, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico – www.cruisewithamission.org
Managing Editor – Lynetta Murdoch
To subscribe or unsubscribe go to