Archived NewsPoints and Friday Faxes
Friday FAX, 2006
September 15, 2006
A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America
1-page PDF Version
IN THIS ISSUE —
■ Can Still Register; Monday last day to order materials for “The Presence”
■ Religion and Health Sub-study of Adventist Health Study-2 Begins
■ SEEDS Conference - Vancouver
■ “Love’s Pure Light,” NAD Christmas Show to Air
■ 2006 National Conference on Innovation
■ Re-Church Provides Networking, Brainstorming and Research
■ Salisbury, NC Church Web Site Wins eChurch Award for September
■ Upcoming Events
■ THERE'S STILL TIME FOR HOST CHURCHES TO REGISTER for "The Presence." Order books and Bible study lessons no later than Monday, September18, to ensure delivery in time for the event.
■ RELIGION AND HEALTH STUDY BEGINS — Loma Linda University is starting an exciting new element of the Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2). The Adventist Religion & Health Study (ARHS) is a sub-study of AHS-2 that has been funded by the National Institutes of Aging. Random selections of 10,000 AHS-2 participants will be asked to complete a questionnaire asking about faith, religious/spiritual life, Sabbath, and health. The questionnaires will be mailed during the next two months.
“Studies suggest that religious involvement adds extra years and health benefits to life. But we are not sure of what are the most important factors and why. This new study will provide us with evidence to answer these questions by focusing on the unique experiences of Adventists in North America,” says co-investigator Terry Butler.
■ SEEDS CONFERENCE, “TELL THE WORLD,” IN VANCOUVER, British Columbia, will be about church planting, personal witnessing, and church renewal, October 20-22. Everyone is welcome. Group rates available. Register before October 12 deadline.
■ THE NAD 2006 CHRISTMAS SHOW, “LOVE'S PURE LIGHT,” will be broadcast on ACN, HOPE TV, and many network affiliates, December 16, 17, 23, 24. It will use the same cast and will be a continuation of the storyline featured for the 2005 Christmas show, “All Is Bright.” The 2005 show won the Bronze Telly Award 2006, the DeRose-Hinkhouse Memorial Award for Broadcast and Cable Audio and Video, and Best in Class at the Religion Communicators Council.
■ THE 2006 NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INNOVATION, October 1-3 will be held in Columbus, Ohio. It is for pastors, administrators, educators, and healthcare providers. It is sponsored by the Ohio Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, the Kettering Medical Center Network and the Center for Creative Ministry.
Contact: http://www.sdapartnersininnovation.org/conference.htm for more information. Back to top
■ NETWORK AND BRAINSTORM AT “RE-CHURCH,” October 3, 4 in Columbus, Ohio — Learn how other leaders and pastors face ministry challenges. Discuss changes in the church. New research from the FACT 2005 study will be presented publicly for the first time at this event.
■ THE SALISBURY, NORTH CAROLINA CHURCH WEB SITE has won the eChurch Award of September.
UPCOMING EVENTS —
A quick view of events sponsored by the North American Division
* “The Most Amazing Prophecies” (MAP) evangelism series from Amazing Facts via ACN, September 15-23 – www.acn.info and www.mapseminar.com
* “The Presence,” 5-night series about the Sanctuary via ACN, September 29 - October3–http://www.thepresence.com/host and www.acn.info
* Adventist Community Services Convention, “Modeling Jesus: His Heart, Our Hands” – September 29 - October 3, Vancouver, British Columbia – www.plusline.org
* “From This Day Forward” Marriage Conference – September 30, Orlando, Florida - www.plusline.org/events
* Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program, Level II – October 16-20, Glendale, California – www.plusline.org
* SEEDS Vancouver, “Tell Your World – Church Planting, Personal Witnessing, Church Renewal,” October 20-22, Vancouver, British Columbia – www.nadei.org