Current and Archived News Stories
2013 News Archives
11-3-13 NAD Year-end Meeting Continues with Spiritual Tone
Over this weekend, members of the North American Division Executive Committee were spiritually blessed in several ways:
- Ted N.C. Wilson, president of the Seventh-day Adventist World Church spoke to the attendees on Friday night from the book of Revelation 14:6-10. His sermon was titled “Proclaiming the Final Word.”
- Also on Friday night, attendees were able to preview the documentary "The Blueprint" by Filmmaker Martin Doblmeier, who produced/directed "The Adventists" and "The Adventists 2." "The Blueprint" is a one-hour documentary that tells the story of Adventist education and its commitment to educate the "whole person" - body, mind, and soul. The film is scheduled to air on PBS in 2014.
- J. Alfred Johnson, director of Adult Ministries, along with the youth, children’s, disabilities, and Refugee and Immigrant ministries departments executed a dynamic Sabbath School program that focused on children involved in outreach. Special guests included children speaking about their recent outreach activities across the North American Division.
- Musical guests for the Divine Worship Service included baritone T. Marshall Kelly as well as Southern Adventist University I Cantori. Dan Jackson, president of the North American Division, provided the spoken word for the Divine Service. His message was titled “Temples.” He left the attendees asking the question of themselves “What kind of temple am I building for God” and “What does my temple look like to others?”
- On Saturday evening, attendees were offered a musical treat from Southern Adventist University featuring their vocal group I Cantori and the University’s orchestra.
Today, members of the Executive Committee received reports from:
- Women in Ministry Building Block report (video)
- Social Media Building Block report
- Young Adult Life Building Block report *coming soon (Barna report, SDA infographic, handout, Barna Labs)
Listed below are presentations shared this past Friday:
- Adventist Learning Community Building Block report
- Transformation Evangelism Building Block report (video)
The North American Division Communication Department is continuing the conversation of NAD Year-end Meeting through social media. Follow us on: