Vice President for Multilingual Ministries
|R. Ernest Castillo
R. Ernest Castillo was born in Monte Vista, Colorado but attended Armona Academy and Fresno Academy, both in California, before graduating from Pacific Union College with a Batchelor of Arts degree in Theology. He went on to earn a Master of Theology degree from Andrews University Theological Seminary.
R. Ernest Castillo was elected executive secretary of the Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventist in 1990. The Pacific Union oversees the work of the church in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah. Castillo began his ministry as a pastor in the Southeastern California Conference, then moved to the Southern California Conference where he served as associate youth director, pastor, VP for Special Ministries and Director for Hispanic Ministries. During the 2005 Year-end Meeting of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America, Castillo was elected to be a vice president.
He is married to Sarah and the couple has two adult children: Raul and Robert.
Contact InformationT: 301.680.6412
- Vice President for Media Ministries
- Vice President for Education
- Vice President for Strategic Planning Assessment
- Vice President for Ministries
- Vice President for Multilingual Ministries
- Vice President for Communication, Big Data & Social Media, Public Affairs & Religious Liberty, and Executive Coaching, Training & Development
- Assistant to the President